CCJ staff perform work that makes a critical difference in the safety of our communities. Staff members provide supervision and resources to help people, families, and communities address the issues and problems that drive problem behavior. Staff have a deep commitment to helping adult offenders turn their lives around to live productively in society, while simultaneously making them accountable for their behavior. The commitment to help communities become safer is paramount to the profession.
Effective intervention is a proven way to prevent recurrence among offenders and keep communities safe.
We are about:
- A force for positive change in the community
- Raising hope
- Lowering crime
How we deliver on our promise:
- Monitoring activities and behavior
- Holding individuals accountable
- Fearlessly pursuing helping people turn their lives around
How our promise yields benefits:
- Probationers return to personal productivity and healthy families
- Probation is 1% the cost of incarceration
- Restorative justice is a better long-term solution for the nation’s justice system